Salary: upto £67k DOE
Benefits: 29 Holidays per year + 9 Additional bank holidays, Flexible working options, pension scheme, career development support, season ticket loan, discounted health and leisure activities and free advice/counselling line.
Client and The role
A public sector organisation is looking to bring back the entire IT function into their organisation from previously being outsourced. You will be joining the organisation at its infancy within the IT function and at a very exciting time where your views and suggestions will be heard and implemented in order to build a strong IT function.
As a Technical Architect, you will have an overarching technical design responsibility for the delivery of the technology and applications portfolio and managing the areas of technical support.
You will have great management and leadership skills and use these to manage a number of competing activities, from complex to tactical that include decisions that could impact the delivery of the service to the stakeholders. On occasions, you will be required to deputise for the Lead Enterprise Architect and act as the primary escalation point and communication for stakeholders.
You will be responsible for aspects of employee development within the ICT Service, ensuring the service has an appropriate skills mix to meet and exceed service delivery requirements. This service may be provided 24 x 7 x 365 so you should be available to work out of hours, including weekends on occasions. You will be required to manage a budget of up to £500k.
Some of the role responsibilities:
• Provide leadership on systems and technology architecture domains highlighting the benefits generated by cloud services, the internet, mobile services, big data and social media.
• Identify business and technical requirements, analyse alternatives and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations.
• Identify new and emerging trends that can support the organisation strategy and contribute to the development of wider Digital Services.
• Provide guidance to the organisation’s ICT service partners to ensure that specifications are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the project outcomes.
• Establish a common framework consisting of business processes, information, data, application and technology architecture layers.
• Prepare and present test plans, technical presentations, lab reports, analyst briefings plus white papers to respond to different solution areas.
• Initiate, scope, design, plan, build and implement new hardware and software solutions with a view to achieving ICT effectiveness.
• Collaborate with ICT development team to assure architectural solution could be suitably translated into effectual and robust implementation.
• Ensure opportunities for synergy and cost saving are identified and embedded in the ICT Strategy.
• Ensure the identified solutions are in line with the organisation's requirements covering design, development, procurement/sourcing, configuration, test preparation, testing, requirements management and maintenance of business processes, applications, information/data, infrastructure and services.
Education and experience
Essential Qualification(s) - One or more of the following:
• MS Azure Cloud Architect
• Microsoft Analysis Services
• Analytics packages including Power BI and Business Objects
• Data base technologies including SAP, Microsoft SQL, Oracle
• Analytical languages
• Microsoft Azure Cloud Certified
• Technical Architecture experience, with demonstrated ability to deliver Infrastructure solutions
• Deep knowledge of Windows Server and expertise with one or more common workloads including Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, Exchange, Skype, or System Centre
• Demonstrable experience of working on projects of value above £250,000
Desirable Qualification(s) - One or more of the following (or equivalent):
• VMware, ITIL Foundation, Microsoft Technical Certification, PRINCE2, MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Certificate, CISM/CISSP-ISSMP, Diploma in Security Management, MCP Network and/or Voice Certification, CCNA, CCNE, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, and or MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, BizTalk certification, MS-Dynamics / ADX certification
Who they're looking for:
Demonstrable design and architecture skills and experience.
Someone who is confident, clear, articulate, friendly and a great team worker.
Proactive in their work approach, and able to multitask their work
Management and leadership experience.
Excellent communication skills with a very high attention to detail.
Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) and numeracy skills
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us our CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.