Salary: upto £78,000 DOE
Benefits: 29 Holidays per year + 9 Additional bank holidays, Flexible working options, pension scheme, career development support, season ticket loan, discounted health and leisure activities and free advice/counselling line.
Client and The role
A public sector organisation is looking to bring back the entire IT function into their organisation from previously being outsourced. You will be joining the organisation at its infancy within the IT function and at a very exciting time where your views and suggestions will be heard and implemented in order to build a strong IT function.
As a Solutions Architect, you will have an accountability for managing the areas of technical and solutions support, and development. You will have an overarching technical and solutions design responsibility for the delivery of the organisation’s technology and applications portfolio. Additionally, you will have the operational day-to-day authority and responsibility over all aspects of your workload, and able to influence and make decisions that are critical to the organisation’s success. You will manage others and demonstrate leadership skills.
You may be required to work out of hours and weekends on occasion as the service may be provided year-round.
Accountabilities: Solutions Architecture (80%), Solutions strategy and innovation (10%), Solutions (10%)
• Provide leadership on systems and technology architecture domains highlighting the benefits generated by cloud services, the internet, mobile services, big data and social media.
• Identify business and technical requirements, analyse alternatives and conduct product recommendations related to software, platform and network configurations.
• Identify new and emerging trends that can support the organisation strategy and contribute to the development of wider Digital Services.
• Provide guidance to the organisation’s ICT service partners to ensure that specifications are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the project outcomes.
• Establish a common framework consisting of business processes, information, data, application and technology architecture layers.
• Prepare and present test plans, technical presentations, lab reports, analyst briefings plus white papers to respond to different solution areas.
• Initiate, scope, design, plan, build and implement new hardware and software solutions with a view to achieving ICT effectiveness.
• Collaborate with ICT development team to assure architectural solution could be suitably translated into effectual and robust implementation.
• Ensure opportunities for synergy and cost saving are identified and embedded in the ICT Strategy.
• Ensure the identified solutions are in line with the organisation's requirements covering design, development, procurement/sourcing, configuration, test preparation, testing, requirements management and maintenance of business processes, applications, information/data, infrastructure and services.
Education and experience
Essential - One or more of the following:
• TOGAF 9 Certified OR Zachman EA Certified, or equivalent
• Designing Microsoft Cloud Solutions
• Deep knowledge of Windows Server and expertise with one or more common workloads including Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, or System Centre
• Demonstrable experience of working on projects of value above £250,000
• Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) skills
• 2 year’s MS Azure Solution Architect
• 2 year’s Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skill Specific Vendor based
Desirable (one or more of the following):
• Specific Vendor based Solution Certification and Expertise with strategic BCC Suppliers including but not limited to Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and IBM
• Accreditation or a demonstrable understanding of TOGAF 9.1 and capability to work with supporting frameworks and methodologies including Archimate, BPMN, COBIT and IT4IT
• Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
• Relationship Management of the technical relationships with vendors and material sub-contractor(s)
• Solution Certification and Expertise with strategic BCC Suppliers including but not limited to Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and IBM
Desirable Qualification(s) - One or more of the following (or equivalent):
Computer science qualification, Higher education/college or equivalent, ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSMP, Diploma in Security Management, MCP Network and/or Voice Certification, CCNA, CCNE, MCSE
Who they're looking for:
Demonstrable design and architecture skills and experience.
Someone who is confident, clear, articulate, friendly and a great team worker.
Proactive in their work approach, and able to multitask their work
Management and leadership experience.
Excellent communication skills with a very high attention to detail.
Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) and numeracy skills
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us our CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.