IT Security Manager
Salary: upto £69k DOE
Benefits: 29 Holidays per year + 9 Additional bank holidays, Flexible working options, pension scheme, career development support, season ticket loan, discounted health and leisure activities and free advice/counselling line.
Client and The role
A public sector organisation is looking to bring back the entire IT function into their organisation from previously being outsourced. You will be joining the organisation at its infancy within the IT function and at a very exciting time where your views and suggestions will be heard and implemented in order to build a strong IT function.
Your responsibility will also include contributing to the delivery of an effective ICT Operating Plan. You will contribute to devising the strategic ICT direction – implementing agreed priorities and driving forward change. In short, you will have an overarching responsibility for the day to day operational management of one or more functions the organisation’s technology or applications portfolio. Some of the role responsibilities will include:
• Security Governance Framework management
• Security Strategies, Policies, Standards design and implementation, standards and controls
• Audit Contribution and Response
• Oversight and Scrutiny Response
• ICO Response
• Information Governance
• Information Assurance
• Asset Management Policies
• Test Strategy
• Managing the areas of infrastructure or application support, and development.
• Ensuring that the organisation is PSN and PCI DSS compliant
• Disaster Recovery
• Business Continuity Planning
• Managing a team of technical security specialists that provide an on-call service, and work out of hours, including weekends.
• Set wider policies and standards and manage any security incidents.
• Make sure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of our information, data and services.
Role breakdown: Team management 5%, IT strategy 5%, Design and Implementation of Security Policies, Standards and Controls 10%, Set wider policies and standards 10%
ICO, Audit and Scrutiny response 10%, Technical and Infrastructure 10%, Management of Security Incidents 5%, Quality management 10%, Test strategy 5%, IT Operational Security Management 15%, Risk management 5%, Service acceptance 5%, Service continuity management 5%
Education and experience
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) OR Certified Information Systems Security Professional – Information Systems Security Management Professional (CISSP-ISSMP), or equivalent
(2+ years) management or functional lead experience, with demonstrated ability to lead a team of technical security specialists
Desirable Qualification(s) - One or more of the following:
• Higher education / college or equivalent
• ITIL, PRINCE2
• MSP (Managing Successful Programmes) Certificate
• TOGAF 9 Certified OR Zachman EA Certified, or equivalent
• MCP Network and/or Voice Certification, or equivalent experience
• Relevant manufacturer qualifications for equipment used e.g. CCNA, CCNE
• MCSE: Server Infrastructure, or equivalent experience
• MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, or equivalent experience
• BizTalk certification or equivalent experience
• MS-Dynamics / ADX certification or equivalent experience
• Diploma in Security Management, or equivalent
Who they're looking for:
Someone who is confident, clear, articulate, friendly and a great team worker.
Proactive in their work approach, and always willing to lend a hand to help reach team goals.
Excellent communication skills with a very high attention to detail.
Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) and numeracy skills
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us our CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.