Digital Services Solutions Architect
Salary: upto £72,000 DOE
Benefits: 29 Holidays per year + 9 Additional bank holidays, Flexible working options, pension scheme, career development support, season ticket loan, discounted health and leisure activities and free advice/counselling line.
Client and The role
A public sector organisation is looking to bring back the entire IT function into their organisation from previously being outsourced. You will be joining the organisation at its infancy within the IT function and at a very exciting time where your views and suggestions will be heard and implemented in order to build a strong IT function.
The Digital Services Solutions Architect has accountability for all aspects of the solutions being delivered by the Digital Services Team, ensuring that the systems and functionality available are being used as effectively as possible. You will be focusing on the integration required to achieve end-to-end service provisioning, undertaking the necessary enhancement and exploitation of the systems and solutions and researching other technologies and innovative solutions that will improve the customer experience.
This is a key role in helping Corporate ICT to align to the organisation’s vision, the Customer Experience, ICT and Digital Strategies and ICT values. This role is paramount in helping to deliver, improve and shape both current and future digital solutions and services for the organisation. There is a requirement to also innovate and bring further ideas, technologies, capabilities and solutions to the ICT Service for consideration, evaluation and adoption if suitable.
The post holder has defined authority and responsibility for their own area of work, they will work in conjunction with the Lead Enterprise Architect and Service Design Manager to ensure that solutions are being delivered and developed in line with the Enterprise Architecture practice and principles. You will be able to absorb complex business and technical information and capable of communicating effectively at all levels.
1. Leadership - to support the strategic development and ongoing maintenance of the current and future digital services and solutions for the organisation; including the digital platform, website, intranet.
2. Project management - to have input into projects across the ICT Service, departments and officers to improve the standard of the digital solutions including the digital platform, website, intranet and electronic service provision, within the context of the Customer Experience and ICT and Digital Strategies. To help put in place solutions to ensure better integration and alignment of all digital solutions to support seamless customer journeys.
3. Budget - to assist with managing the current budget assigned to delivering the current systems and solutions. To prepare business cases for investment in new technologies and solutions and identifying the associated costs.
4. Assurance - to be responsible for ensuring that adequate arrangements for service continuity, security, standards and data protection are implemented within the team.
5. Performance - To analyse, review and evaluate the performance and quality of service provision, altering systems, processes and services to support the pursuit of excellence in service delivery, where appropriate.
6. Effective prioritisation and escalation of issues as required.
7. Best practice - To actively seek out and promote examples of best practice in website and intranet development both within the team and across the organisation and keep abreast of the latest developments in web policy and practice in local and national government.
8. Advise Lead Enterprise Architect and Service Design on operation needs and content development / standards compliance and social media.
9. Adhering to and promoting the development of end-to-end process workflows in the digital platform.
10. Compliance - to adhere to health and safety legislation and support the organisation’s equality policies in regard to service provision and employment.
11. Research & innovation - Establish procedures to support research and development activities to determine the suitability of new technology and procedures.
12. Support the development of customer satisfaction surveys regarding the services provided and facilitate consultation with service users on all design and development issues.
Education and experience
• TOGAF 9.1
• MS-Dynamics / ADX certification or equivalent experience
• MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Solutions Design Role preferably providing Public Sector Architectural Services
• Demonstrable track record of contributing to effective Teams delivering Enterprise Solutions Designs that have proved successful in developing holistic business solutions enabling standardisation, simplification, sharing and re-use.
• Experience of researching, commissioning and project managing a number of e-services developments at any one time.
• Effective interaction with colleagues, third parties and customers, promoting and maintaining good relationships with all colleagues, partners and stakeholders with good communication skills, negotiation and flexibility
• An active and constructive role in team working, ensuring that information and knowledge is shared.
Desirable skills (1 or more of the following):
• Azure Cloud Architect, Microsoft Dynamics, Superior analytical, technical and problem-solving skills, Computer science qualification, Higher education / college, ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, CISM, CISSP-ISSMP, Diploma in Security Management, MCP, CCNA, CCNE, MCSE Server Infrastructure, MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, BizTalk certification, MS-Dynamics / ADX
Desirable knowledge (3 or more of the following)
• Specific Vendor based Solution Certification and Expertise with strategic BCC Suppliers including but not limited to Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and IBM
• Accreditation or a demonstrable understanding of TOGAF 9.1 and capability to work with supporting frameworks and methodologies including Archimate, BPMN, COBIT and IT4IT
• Able to demonstrate a clear understanding and capability to work within relevant ICT related standards including IITIL V3, ISO/IEC 38500, ISO/IEC 27001, ISO/IEC 22301, ISO/IEC 20000, PRINCE2 and MSP
• Relationship Management of the technical relationships with vendors and material sub-contractor(s)
Who they're looking for:
Someone who is confident, clear, articulate, friendly and a great team worker.
Proactive in their work approach, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Excellent communication skills with a very high attention to detail.
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours