Salary: upto £69,000 DOE
Benefits: 29 Holidays per year + 9 Additional bank holidays, Flexible working options, pension scheme, career development support, season ticket loan, discounted health and leisure activities and free advice/counselling line.
Client and The role
A public sector organisation is looking to bring back the entire IT function into their organisation from previously being outsourced. You will be joining the organisation at its infancy within the IT function and at a very exciting time where your views and suggestions will be heard and implemented in order to build a strong IT function.
The data architect has accountability for managing the areas of data architecture, enterprise and solutions designs. They have an overarching technical and solutions design responsibility for the delivery of technology and applications portfolio.
• Deliver class leading data architecture, thought leadership and input into internal projects and initiatives.
• Responsible for information analysis, enterprise and solution designs.
• Influence and work alongside architects, technical team leads and developers in information, data, integration and BI-related architectural issues and best practices.
• Support projects with data architecture requirements and stakeholder engagement.
• Understand the data warehouse and data model.
• Work with Technology to ensure the data warehouse architecture is in appropriate for BI delivery.
• Work to improve efficiency, scalability and stability of the data environment.
• Internal and external stakeholder management.
DATA Architecture Work (80%) Solutions strategy and innovation 20%
Education and experience
• Designing Microsoft Cloud Solutions & Microsoft Azure Cloud Certified
• Deep knowledge of Windows Server and expertise with one or more common workloads including Active Directory, SQL, SharePoint, Exchange, Lync, or System Centre
• Microsoft Analysis Services
• Analytics packages including Power BI and Business Objects
• Data base technologies including SAP, Microsoft SQL, Oracle
• Analytical languages
• Demonstrable experience of working on projects of value above £250,000
• Good English literacy (written, and verbal for customer facing roles) skills
Desirable skills and knowledge (one or more of the following):
Computer science qualification, Higher education / college, ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, CISM, CISP-ISSMP, Diploma in Security Management, MCP Network/Voice Certification, CCNA, CCNE, MCSE Server Infrastructure, MSCE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, BizTalk certification, MS-Dynamics / ADX certification
Who they're looking for:
Someone who is confident, clear, articulate, friendly and a great team worker.
Proactive in their work approach, and able to handle multiple priorities.
Excellent communication skills with a very high attention to detail.
All shortlisted applications are acknowledged within 48 hours
Eddison Knight Recruitment has been retained on behalf of the hiring company to find, prepare and recommend resourcing solutions. By sending us our CV you are explicitly consenting to our processing of your personal data on a computer database for the purpose of evaluating your application for employment. This processing will be carried out in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998. By applying for this role, you hereby consent to us to finding you work on your behalf. If you do not wish your CV to be sent to our client then you must clearly state this to us.